Going for a hunting adventure, then just hunting gear is not enough. One needs to have the best-hunting boots as well. Hunting can be a thrilling as well as long and dangerous escapade at times, therefore it is important to keep one’s feet comfortable at all times. After all, comfort is the most crucial thing if one wants to perform on the hunting grounds. Therefore, one should invest in a hunting boot which is made of good material, has a good fit, has a comfortable length, and give the best traction. One needs to pay attention to all these things while selecting a certain hunting boot for oneself. Some of the points that should steer one’s decision towards good hunting boots are discussed below.
Depending on Functionality
Hunting grounds can differ drastically from one another therefore, one needs to choose boots depending on the terrain, climate and also what kind of function one wants it to serve. Keeping in mind these points hunting boots are categorized as:
- High country boots: these are for hunters who want some serious hunting business and toughness in their boots.
- Upland boots: one who likes leisure hunting trips on level grounds they should go for upland boots.
- Overboots: for all those hunters who like to go out on cold days and sit in colder terrains for hours, overboots should be their first pick.
- Rubber boots: if the hunting trips include going into damp swamps and muddy areas then to prevent oneself from slipping, one should choose rubber boots.
Height of the boot upper part, though adds a great dose of aesthetics to the boots, they also are very helpful in keeping one’s feet and leg safe from various injuries. Hunting boots have varied heights and one can choose a boot according to the need. If one is planning to take long hikes then the upper height should be till ankle and if one is going to colder regions then one should look for a higher upper boot.
Depending on the Material
Today hunting boots come in a large variety not only on the basis of style but also material. Varied materials play varied roles when it comes to boots:
- Rubber boots: these are perfect for swampy and damp areas where the chances of slipping are greater.
- Gore-tex boots: these boots are great for colder regions as they provide great insulation and also has great breathability.
- Neoprene: these boots are waterproof and very light in weight, however still breathable.
- Leather: one of the most highly chosen boots because of its durability. It is protected from colder temperatures and also keeps the water away.
Insulation is very important when one is on a hunting trip during cold seasons and higher altitudes. Most of the hunting boots come in varying amounts of insulation like 200 g insulation for warmer seasons, 400-800 g insulation for midseason and early hunters and 1 kg insulation for harsher climates.
Depending on Durability
One needs to find a boot that is a good investment and for that one needs to pay attention to its durability. A durable boot will last longer than the others. To check the durability one needs to pay attention to the stitching involved, make sure to buy a boot with larger amounts of stitching. Also, the most important thing to look for is the sole. Softer soles are good for better traction, but will degrade soon and harder soles will last longer but will lack in traction considerably.
If one keeps in mind all these points, then one can eventually choose a better hunting boot for themselves.